I love this time of year. Everything about Christmas just makes me smile. SHOPPING (of course), decorations, Christmas music, the smell of a Christmas tree, baking and being with family. This year I am not going to stress about things like I normally do. Getting back to what Christmas is all about. What do you like most about Christmas?
I need ideas for my mantel. Its just boring. Help!!
I am having so much fun making these this year. SO easy. I got the idea from Just a Girl: Just One. The original came from Eddie Ross.
What you will need:
- Wire hanger. Untwisted and formed into a circle. Leave the hook. This is how you will hang it. Try to straighten the other end as much as possible
- Lots and lots of ornaments. Make sure to get small ornaments to till the gaps
- Hot glue gun: you will need to take the top off of each on.If you don't do this step your ornaments will fall off.
- Then begin sliding the ornaments onto the straight end of the hanger. Alternate small and large ornaments to fill the gaps so you won't see the hanger at the end.
- Then when you get to the end, twist the straight end around the hook part of the hanger so your ornaments don't come off.
- You can buy ribbon and make your own bow, or cheat like i did and buy one already make.
This is the one I made for a girl at work for her 1st house!! What do you think?
The wreath Cody and I made together last year.
Our Front door. Not done yet.
We must follow some of the same blogs. I also follow just a girl! haha! morgan and i have been going to hobby lobby at least 2 times a week and buying crafty stuff! you can go to my blog and look at some of the things I have made. I am still Christmas crafting too! I made snowflakes tonight! I'll post those too! Hope you and Cody have a very Merry Christmas!!
ReplyDelete